What is Product Liability?
When you purchase a product and are using it for its intended purpose, you shouldn’t have to worry about a hidden defect or other danger that may cause injury. Unfortunately, dangerous and defective products cause many unsuspecting consumers to suffer serious and costly injuries that forever change their lives.
If you or a family member has been the victim of a dangerous product that should never have been placed on the market, you need to consult with the experienced attorneys at Mickle & Bass to learn about your rights to compensation. Our knowledgeable South Carolina product liability lawyers will take on deep-pocketed manufacturers and retailers that put profits before people. We will be aggressive in our push to hold the at-fault parties accountable and demand maximum compensation for your injuries.
Set up a free consultation with our attorneys today to review your options. Our law firm is committed to making legal services affordable to everyone by not charging any upfront fees. Instead, our firm only collects attorney fees if and when we secure compensation for you.
How Our S.C. Defective Products Lawyers Can Make a Difference for You
Pursuing a product liability claim usually means facing off against a large company, its insurer, and its attorneys. You should not try to take on this challenge alone. Our dedicated product liability lawyers will help you with these complex cases, and you can trust our team to:
- Identify any and all parties that should be held liable for the harm you have suffered. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we may pursue compensation from the companies that designed, manufactured, distributed, and sold the product that hurt you.
- Gather all the evidence about what happened to cause your injury. This means preserving the product or what is left of it. If there were witnesses to your accident, we will take statements from them. We will also research any other reports of defects related to the product.
- Document your injuries and how they are affecting you. We will keep copies of your medical records and consult with experts to determine how your injuries will affect your life going forward. This includes estimating costs of future medical treatment and the potential for reduced earning capacity going forward.
- Manage all communication with the at-fault party and insurance companies. You shouldn’t have to worry about dealing with aggressive insurance adjusters while you are struggling to recover from your injury. You can simply tell anyone who contacts you to talk to your attorney.
- Aggressively negotiate for maximum compensation. Our product liability attorneys will aggressively pursue justice for you, and we will not hesitate to file a legal action if the at-fault party refuses to negotiate in a reasonable and timely manner.
Most importantly, do not put off seeking legal advice if you have been hurt or lost a loved one due to a dangerous or defective product. The law limits the amount of time you have to file a claim, so you need to speak with one of our knowledgeable S.C. product liability lawyers as soon as possible. Schedule a free consultation today.
Compensation in a Product Liability Claim
When assessing how much your product liability claim is worth, our team will look at many factors. Although it is important to consider the expenses you have been faced with so far, it is also crucial to determine how this injury will continue to affect you into the future. We believe that you should never be left with huge medical bills due to someone else’s negligent actions.
Our South Carolina product liability lawyers may demand compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including future treatment costs and health care needs related to your injury
- Lost income, including payment for diminished earning capacity if you are not able to do the work you did before your injury
- Property damage, such as if your car was wrecked as a result of a defective auto part
- Pain and suffering caused by your injury
If an insurance company approaches you with a product liability settlement offer, do not agree to anything without speaking to one of our attorneys first. Initial settlement offers rarely cover the true costs of your injury, and once you accept payment, there is no turning back.
Therefore, schedule a free consultation with our legal team today, and learn about your options for pursuing the compensation you deserve.
Common Problems with Products
Although every case we handle is unique, there are some common types of problems that may come to light as we investigate your product liability claim, including:
- Manufacturing defects
- Design defects
- Lack of sufficient warnings
- Breach of warranty
Companies that design, make, market, and/or sell products have a duty to address potential dangers, and when they fail to do so, it’s the consumer who suffers. You have a right to demand compensation if you have been injured by a dangerous product or defective device. Take action now to protect your rights.
Types of Dangerous and Defective Products
Our South Carolina personal injury law firm can help you identify a wide range of product liability claims, including those involving:
- Defective automobiles or auto parts
- Dangerous drugs (prescription or over-the-counter)
- Defective medical devices
- Food supplements
- Tainted or contaminated food products
- Toys and other children’s products
- Household and industrial chemicals
- Household appliances
- Handheld power tools
- Lawn equipment
Many products are recalled after reports of injury, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission keeps track of these recalls. However, if you are one of the first to suffer injuries resulting from a defective product, you may not see a recall announcement yet. In these types of cases, your willingness to pursue a claim may save many others from being injured in the same way.
For that reason, schedule a free consultation today to talk to our South Carolina product liability attorneys about your legal options.
Get Help with Your Product Liability Case Now
You can’t afford to risk fighting with an aggressive and deep-pocketed corporation after a serious injury. Let our dedicated team put our resources and determination to work for you.
Contact us now to schedule a free consultation. We do not charge to get started on your case, and we don’t collect fees unless and until we win money for you.
Schedule a free consultation today by calling or filling out our online contact form. Our dedicated personal injury attorneys can meet with you in Columbia, Rock Hill, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, or anywhere else in South Carolina. Additionally, we can come to your home or hospital room, wherever is most convenient.
Mickle and Bass: South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyers
South Carolina personal injury law covers a wide variety of claims. At Mickle & Bass, our skilled personal injury lawyers have extensive experience successfully resolving an array of cases, including:
If you or a family member has been harmed due to an individual’s or company’s negligence, you need to talk with our knowledgeable attorneys about what to do next. Schedule a free legal consultation today to get started on your case.